I spend almost half of my time working on browsers. So it is always important for me to make sure I can operate it as fast as possible. The best way to do any activity faster on computer is simply use Keyboard as much as possible.
So here I am listing few of the shortcuts I use most while operating in IE.
IE and Google Toolbar shortcuts :
Some of which I use most are
- Alt + D : Selects text in Address bar
- F4 : Address Bar ( Actually it opens Address bar history )
- F5 : Refresh
- Ctrl R : Refresh
- ESC : Stop loading page
- ESC : stops any animating gif ( I love this )
- F11 : View Full screen
- F6 : Move between Address Bar, Favorite Bar, and Browser window
- F12 : Developer Tools
- Ctrl T : New Tab
- Ctrl F : find
- Ctrl N : Open current tab in new window
- Ctrl K : Clone currant Tab
- Alt V C : View Source
- Alt LeftArrow : Previous page ( Back button in browser history )
- Alt Right Arrow : Next Page
- Ctrl Q : Show thumbnail view
- Ctrl W : Close current Tab
- Ctrl E : Goto Browser quick search bar
If you have installed Google toolbar and want to reach its Search box, you can use shortcut below.
- Alt G : Google Search Bar
For more detailed entry of shortcuts you can visit
I have checked all above shortcuts with IE8 and IE 7 compatibility mode. All of them work very fine.