Recently I was trying to connect to Google Plus using invite. it always gave me 404 ( Page not found error ).
While sadly looking at this page, I have noticed something different in the title bar of this page. It says
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
instead of ( I guess )
Error 404 (Not Found)!!!
Also I think that the previous Google 404 error page was much more detailed then this one. This one looks good in terms of design, but just saying 404 that’s an error, and That’s all we know does not much help the user.
Everyone wants Google plus invite, to see what Google has done with Social Networking after failed attempts of Buzz, Wave etc.
Thanks to one of my good friend, I got the invite today, and attempted to check it.
But whenever I tried to login/connect to Google Plus I always greeted with 404 ( Page not found error )
A quick Google of this issue revealed that lot of other people are facing same issue
After reading lot of good things about the Google plus effort this is really disappointing.
Ninja Database Lite is a light and nimble database for Windows Phone 7, Silverlight 3, Silverlight 4, .NET 3.5, and .NET 4.x
you can download the full feature list here.
You can get Ninja Database Lite Single Developer License for free until midnight October 31st, 2010; a $49.99 value.
Use coupon code : twitterninja
Spread the word and enjoy.
“Among crowded features they always remember, people use Gmail for email services and they always make it priority when designing new features.”
I use Gmail as my document repository, my chat history ( gTalk is awesome, when it comes to chat ), my scheduler and oxygen ( Yes, No doubt, I can not live without it until I will find better oxygen).
I have started using Gmail from 2005 and now its friendship of more than 5 years, and truly, Gmail is a great friend. It gives you ample space to use as mail repository in free edition, but free is not always enough when you are using it like oxygen. Currently they are giving away more than 8 Gigs of space for free usage which includes GMail, Picasa, Google Docs and other Google services you use which requires storage.
Recently my Gmail started to show me warning that I am almost out of space ( 95% usage )
I deleted few emails permanently from my Life ( it is bad ) but in just two more days ( in that period my clients used to send me video attachment of 15 MB ), I got this message from gMail
and as they have indicated in the warning, I was not able to send or RECEIVE emails, so I have decided to purchase additional storage rather than deleting few more emails. So I went through the process of purchasing additional email storage.
The Process :
1. Click on purchase additional storage
2. You will be given choice of plans available and their prices.
20 Gigs additional storage for 5 USD per year is not bad deal at all ( It means now you will have 20 Gigs new purchased storage + the more than 7 Gigs of Basic storage that comes for free with every account = more than 27 Gigs of storage )
3. Click on Buy 20 Gb for $5.00 per year.
4. Proceed through Google CheckOut
5. Done… But it will take 24 hours to get that space added to your account.
Now enjoy GMail.
I don’t know where we are going.
Recently I tried to Google about some PLESK problem. Google has a nice little feature to suggest you some of the common phrases other people searched, matching your search query know as Google Suggest.
I just typed in How to in search box and as usual Google presented me with list of common search phrases people are searching, and I GOT SHOCKED.
Result of How To – ( 6-Aug-2010 )
Now lets go in a bit detail :
1) World’s biggest two problems today are, IMHO, population and corruption. AND Google shows me that majority of people wants to know “How to get pregnant”
.2) World is now so health conscious that 3 of the top search results are about reducing and gaining weight.
More analysis later.
This is today’s results ( 7-Aug-2010 ).
I spend almost half of my time working on browsers. So it is always important for me to make sure I can operate it as fast as possible. The best way to do any activity faster on computer is simply use Keyboard as much as possible.
So here I am listing few of the shortcuts I use most while operating in IE.
IE and Google Toolbar shortcuts :
Some of which I use most are
If you have installed Google toolbar and want to reach its Search box, you can use shortcut below.
For more detailed entry of shortcuts you can visit
I have checked all above shortcuts with IE8 and IE 7 compatibility mode. All of them work very fine.
We all love this forward messages and we welcome them since they work as a little refreshment in our busy work schedule.
But we need to be little responsible and careful when we send this forwards to our friends.
Please take care of following two things to honor privacy of our friends who share their eMail address with you and trust you.
1) Always do bcc. Never send a forward using plain To: field. Everyone can see to whom you are sending the mail and he has access to all eMail addresses to whom you have sent this mail.
Use bcc instead which makes recipient list as anonymous.
2) Before hitting Send please spare a second to remove all forward information from the eMail which contains eMail addresses of previous sender and all the to,and cc recipients.
Also check if user's has put their signature at the end of mail or not since normally users put their mobile No.S and where they work also in signature( Sometimes these signatures are automatically appended by Mail server ). If signature is there then remove all the signatures. This is very important.
3) Let the subject line indicate Fw: or Fwd:
This will help recipient to differentiate if the eMail is Forward or a Text. He can also use filters ( gMail ), Rules ( Outlook ) to categorize eMails as Forwards.
Follow this steps since they will hardly take few seconds and you will save your beloved friends from being victim of social engineering or tele callers or spammers.
Note : You can forward this eMail but please make sure you have followed above steps.
I have also published it as a blog entry in my blog. If you want to say anything regarding this please send me a comment on my blog or reply this mail.
Again I have found a great pair of magicians who allow me to check how productive I am.
I have implemented following process in my office.
1. Every developer machine will have fruitfullTime installed.
2. Every machine will have Firefox installed with the plugin ScreenGrab
3. Now FruitFullTime runs silently in task bar for whole day. Whenever you want to see the usage of time, just click on fruitFulltime icon in taskbar and it will Show you a page in your browser ( We have Mozilla Firefox as default browser ) containing hell lot of statistics about your usage of computer today.
This is the example screen from their web site ( I can not show my screen for the reason of privacy )
Using these stats I exactly know now how much time I am giving to bloody gTalk,gMail. I really surprised by knowing the amount of time I spend on gTalk.
4. Everyone will do ScreenGrab at the end of day for FruitFullTime statistics page and will mail it to one eMail Address.
I know I have created a work around to use a great system for free, but I will definitely try to purchase its Business edition as soon as it will be available.
You can check some reviews about it here.
You can Download it from following location.
So introducing PhotoFunia.
Put your face on any given image. It is amazing. They use face detection technology, and my my, magic.
1. Select and effect from gallery. These are basically collection of images there algorithm can process.
2. Select your photo, make sure to check My photo should not be available to the public, if you dont intend to do so.
3. Bingo…. You got your photo there.. now you are also a celebrity
There are lots of images from which you can choose…
I will give : 4/5
Superb work. They are doing just too good job.
Thanks and Regards,
Google toolbar had a feature to share a link with friends via sms. It was available for US numbers only.
But it seems that they have pulled out plugs from it.
I used it for couple of times to share something with my friends. it was very quick. Lets hope it will be back with same or some other name in near future.